10x is a strategic solutions business working to transform banking and make it 10x better for customers, banks and society.
Our next-generation cloud-native technology platform enables our financial services clients to give their customers more timely, relevant and personalised experiences when it comes to managing money.
The 10x platform is built on a microservices architecture using a unique data model that is fully compliant with Open Banking standards. It is infinitely configurable and constantly evolving to deliver better, more personal, experiences for everyone.
10x was founded by Antony Jenkins, the former Group Chief Executive of Barclays.
As a people-led technology business, our success relies on attracting and retaining the very best talent with the highest level of skills and capability to develop our business.
Join us and you will be part of a team delivering a digital banking platform at the forefront of innovation, transforming banking and the wider FinTech sector.
Guided by our strong values of Transformation, Integrity and Impact, we actively support, respect and collaborate with our customers, partners and each other.
Working from our offices in Victoria, London, the 10x team comprises more than 300 specialists with deep and relevant experience across multi-billion-dollar businesses, challenger, disruptor brands and start-ups.
At 10x you work alongside innovators and leaders in banking and financial services, big-technology and consumer-focused industries – proven practitioners who understand how to meet the evolving needs of businesses and consumers.
Our engineers and developers are leaders too, drawing on experience in and outside of financial services to deliver new digital solutions. They work across API development, security, cloud-native engineering and payments technology and include UI and UX designers, technical architects and data scientists.
What unifies the 10x team is an ambition to transform banking.
About the role
This is a great opportunity for a Software Development Manager to join the team and own and drive the vision for the service going forward. We are looking for a Software Development Manager who is passionate about working with cutting edge technologies, bring deep technical knowledge, experience with distributed systems to drive technical design and manage an experienced team. They will also become part of a call out team to provide live service to our clients.
They will lead, develop and mentor a feature team to help deliver our scalable, cloud-based, next-generation banking service which has Nationwide as its launch customer.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced technical leader who can grow and evolve engineering teams and also own a critical service that's a cornerstone of Systems Manager.
They are hands on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs.
The platform is built in Java on AWS infrastructure with AWS services and Open Source frameworks used. Delivery follows the LESS (Large Scale Scrum) methodology and we will be building automated test suites using tools such as Appium, Selenium and Cucumber.
• Experience in helping leading development life cycle process, best practices and operating distributed cloud-based micro services
• Excellent communication skills, solid work ethic, and a strong desire to write production quality code.
• Broad knowledge of programming languages, operating system principles, networking, and software development best practices.
• Experience leading a team of engineers to success.
• Good experience in people leadership roles
• Past experience of designing systems or components on large projects (£5M)
• Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, or other big data and streaming technologies.
• A deep understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, Java 8 and Enterprise Java frameworks such as Spring (particularly Spring Boot and Spring Security)
• Good experience in writing unit, integration, and functional tests specifically for web services
• Good experience building RESTful APIs but experience of GraphQL and gRPC would also be of interest
• Good experience with SQL databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
• Good experience of Continuous Integration e.g. SonarQube, Maven, Gradle and Jenkins
• Good experience of delivering in an Agile manner, particularly Scrum
• Experience of working with an offshore development provider
• Be part of a call out team to provide live service to our clients
• Experience of Test-Driven Development or, ideally, Behaviour Driven Development using Cucumber
• Good experience SPA web apps using the ReactJS framework
• Good experience building and operating services on AWS
• Experience in NoSQL databases including DynamoDB, CockroachDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, Neo4J/JanusGraph & Mongo
• Experience of ReactiveX and of Service Meshes (Linkerd, Istio)
• Good experience building systems based on design patterns such as Domain Driven Design, CQRS and Event Sourcing or Event Driven Design