10x is a strategic solutions business working to transform banking and make it 10x better for customers, banks and society.
Our next-generation cloud-native technology platform enables our financial services clients to give their customers more timely, relevant and personalised experiences when it comes to managing money.
The 10x platform is built on a microservices architecture using a unique data model that is fully compliant with Open Banking standards. It is infinitely configurable and constantly evolving to deliver better, more personal, experiences for everyone.
10x was founded by Antony Jenkins, the former Group Chief Executive of Barclays.
As a people-led technology business, our success relies on attracting and retaining the very best talent with the highest level of skills and capability to develop our business.
Join us and you will be part of a team delivering a digital banking platform at the forefront of innovation, transforming banking and the wider FinTech sector.
Guided by our strong values of Transformation, Integrity and Impact, we actively support, respect and collaborate with our customers, partners and each other.
Working from our offices in Sydney, the 10x team comprises more than 500 specialists with deep and relevant experience across multi-billion-dollar businesses, challenger, disruptor brands and start-ups.
At 10x you work alongside innovators and leaders in banking and financial services, big-technology and consumer-focused industries – proven practitioners who understand how to meet the evolving needs of businesses and consumers.
Our engineers and developers are leaders too, drawing on experience in and outside of financial services to deliver new digital solutions. They work across API development, security, cloud-native engineering and payments technology and include UI and UX designers, technical architects and data scientists.
What unifies the 10x team is an ambition to transform banking.
About the role
10x is seeking a Site Reliability Engineering Manager (SREM) to join one of the company's site reliability teams based in Sydney.
This is a great opportunity for a SREM to join the team and own and drive the vision for the service going forward. We are looking for a SREM who is passionate about working with cutting-edge technologies, brings deep technical knowledge and experience with distributed systems to drive technical design and manage an experienced team.
Our SRE team drive complex business problems, leveraging both company-wide platform solutions as well as designing them from the ground up. Delivery is a key part of the client and end-customer experience at 10x. We build global technology solutions, going beyond localisation to customise programs to the logistics and financial standards in each country where we operate. Not only must our platform AWS cloud based banking platform scale in a reliable and predictable style, but it must adapt to local requirements and component availability.
The SREM will lead, develop and mentor a team of Site Reliability Engineers to help deliver our scalable, cloud-based, next-generation banking service. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced technical leader who can grow and evolve engineering teams and also own a critical service. They are hands on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs.
The ideal candidate is an influential technical leader with a knack for getting things done. Who is able to separate what's important from what's urgent and find the best path forward from among multiple scenarios, earn the trust of stakeholders, and improve the efficiency and reliability of our cross-functional organisation.
· Good experience building and operating services on AWS and with RESTful APIs, SQL and NoSQL databases
· Experience with development life cycle process (CI/CD), best practices and operating distributed cloud-based micro services
· Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
· Broad knowledge of programming languages, operating system principles, networking, and software development best practices
· Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, or other big data and streaming technologies
· Good understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, Java 8 and Enterprise Java frameworks such as Spring
· Good experience with delivering in an Agile manner, particularly Scrum
· Experience with Operational Excellence
· Experience in people leadership roles
· Be part of a leadership callout team to provide live service to our clients
· Experience of ReactiveX and of Service Meshes (Linkerd, Istio)
· Interest in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
· Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust technical solutions
· Experience building solutions in distributed systems and/or developing support focused tooling
· Experience analysing end-user experience design and developing high profile client facing products with intricate end-customer experience workflows