10x is a strategic solutions business that exists to transform banking and make it 10x better for customers, banks and society.
Our next-generation cloud-native technology platform enables our financial services clients to give their customers more timely, relevant and personalised experiences when it comes to managing money.
The 10x platform is built on an microservices architecture using a unique data model that is fully compliant with Open Banking standards. It is infinitely configurable and constantly evolving to deliver better, more personal, experiences for everyone.
10x was founded by Antony Jenkins, the former Group Chief Executive of Barclays.
As a people-led technology business, our success relies on attracting and retaining the very best talent with the highest level of skills and capability to develop our business.
Join us and you will be part of a team delivering a digital banking platform at the forefront of innovation, transforming banking and the wider FinTech sector.
Guided by our strong values of Transformation, Integrity and Impact, we actively support, respect and collaborate with our customers, partners and each other.
Working from our offices in Victoria, London, the 10x team comprises more than 200 specialists with deep and relevant experience across multi-billion-dollar businesses, challenger, disruptor brands and start-ups.
At 10x you work alongside innovators and leaders in banking and financial services, big-technology and consumer-focused industries – proven practitioners who understand how to meet the evolving needs of businesses and consumers.
Our engineers and developers are leaders too, drawing on experience in and outside of financial services to deliver new digital solutions. They work across API development, security, cloud-native engineering and payments technology and include UI and UX designers, technical architects and data scientists.
What unifies the 10x team is an ambition to transform banking.
The Management Accountant shall be reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and shall be wholly-responsible for the management reporting and accounting across all legal entities of the 10x Group, as well as a wide range of related finance activities (including submission of VAT returns, assistance with budgeting & planning process, etc.).
This is the ideal role for a highly-motivated individual who is eager to gain on the job training and to progress within the organisation. The role is supported by a junior Accountant, who will be reporting to the Management Accountant.
- Tracking operational costs on a timely and accurate basis in line with UK GAAP
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts and reports (on individual and consolidated basis)
- Investigating monthly variances between actuals and budget
- Responding to any ad hoc requests from the Commercial Finance & Business Controller
- Proactive advancement of automation and efficiencies throughout the finance, reporting and accounting processes
- Timely and accurate invoicing and record-keeping of all business transactions – in particular, through regular and timely review of general ledger inputs – including (but not limited to) revenue/ pass-through costs / other client billing / supplier invoices / purchase orders / authorised costs / employee expense claims / sundry expenses / payroll / contractor / other personnel related payments
- Timely and accurate execution of bi-weekly / ad hoc payment runs
- Preparation and execution of a full range of intra-group transactions and accounting entries, including funding transfers, as well as revenue & cost re-charges
- Review of bank account, credit cards, supplier, inter company and other balance sheet reconciliations across all legal entities in the 10x group
- Submission of quarterly VAT returns as well as investigation in relation to and satisfaction of any related HMRC queries
- Partnership with and support of wider business functions, in particular around purchase order process, preparation of cost approval requests, expense-tracking and other related matters
- Assistance to the Commercial Finance & Business Controller in the co-ordination of external audits, ensuring timely preparation and completion of audited financial statements
- Timely sharing of monthly actuals and other assistance to support the Financial Business Analyst in preparation of monthly Rolling Forecasts and annual Operating Budgets
- Resolution of day-to-day finance / accounting queries (internal & external) and ad hoc tasks that may be required from time to time
Requirements - Essential skills/experience
- ACA/ CIMA / ACCA qualified with solid relevant experience and knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a relevant accounting role with strong evidence of career progression and ability to work independently / challenge status quo
- Excellent understanding and experience of working with Xero / other cloud-based accounting software, including the relevant plug-ins and modules
- Solid PC skills – Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook; ability to program in Visual Basic would be helpful
- Strong experience in month-end close procedures, management reporting, budgeting and transaction accounting
Requirements - Desired skills/experience
- Pro-active self-starter with excellent planning and organisational skills, including strong attention to detail
- Experience in a fast moving, dynamic, digital, entrepreneurial businesses
- The candidate will need to be highly commercially minded with great communication skills and the ability to liaise with senior members of staff and across business functions
- Demonstrable high levels of integrity and desire to make a positive impact within the business and society
- Proven ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to partner with and build strong interpersonal relationships with technical, commercial and external stakeholders