10x is a strategic solutions business that exists to transform banking and make it 10x better for customers, banks and society.
Our next-generation cloud-native technology platform enables our financial services clients to give their customers more timely, relevant and personalised experiences when it comes to managing money.
The 10x platform is built on an microservices architecture using a unique data model that is fully compliant with Open Banking standards. It is infinitely configurable and constantly evolving to deliver better, more personal, experiences for everyone.
10x was founded by Antony Jenkins, the former Group Chief Executive of Barclays.
As a people-led technology business, our success relies on attracting and retaining the very best talent with the highest level of skills and capability to develop our business.
Join us and you will be part of a team delivering a digital banking platform at the forefront of innovation, transforming banking and the wider FinTech sector.
Guided by our strong values of Transformation, Integrity and Impact, we actively support, respect and collaborate with our customers, partners and each other.
Working from our offices in Victoria, London, the 10x team comprises more than 200 specialists with deep and relevant experience across multi-billion-dollar businesses, challenger, disruptor brands and start-ups.
At 10x you work alongside innovators and leaders in banking and financial services, big-technology and consumer-focused industries – proven practitioners who understand how to meet the evolving needs of businesses and consumers.
Our engineers and developers are leaders too, drawing on experience in and outside of financial services to deliver new digital solutions. They work across API development, security, cloud-native engineering and payments technology and include UI and UX designers, technical architects and data scientists.
What unifies the 10x team is an ambition to transform banking.
Financial Business Analyst
The Financial Business Analyst shall be reporting to the Commercial Finance & Business Controller and shall be responsible for a wide range of financial budgeting, operational planning, business support, investor relations and corporate finance activities.
This is an ideal position for a highly-motivated individual who is eager to transition into a versatile finance role in a rapidly growing fintech.
- Preparation of the monthly Rolling Forecasts and annual Operating Plans of 10x group’s consolidated financial position and performance
- Partnership and collaboration with functions and teams across the 10x organisation to establish a cohesive planning and business support activities framework
- Assistance to the Commercial Finance & Business Controller with risk management, cash flow forecasting and other similar matters
- Investor relations (incl. relevant reporting) with regard to both existing and prospective investors as well as the support in the context of any future fundraising and shareholder transactions
- Proactive advancement of automation and efficiencies throughout the finance, planning, budgeting and investor relations processes
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of various financial & operating models as maintained by the Finance function, including (but not limited to): / monthly Rolling Forecasts (covering detailed income statement, balance sheet and cashflow projections) / annual and three-year Operating Plans (covering detailed income statement, balance sheet and cash flow projections) / long-term Strategic Plan (incl. accompanying indicative valuation outputs)
- Regular interactions with accounting / HR / operations / other functions to ensure timely sourcing of inputs into the operating models maintained by the Finance function
- Review of the financial entries in Xero cloud-based accounting software as relevant in the context of financial planning and budgeting process
- Continuous review and improvement of internal financial processes to ensure cross-business operation within the agreed financial and operating plan parameters
- Assistance with timely distribution of monthly and quarterly management accounts (prepared by the accounting team) to the investors and satisfaction of any corresponding investor queries
- Assistance to the Commercial Finance & Business Controller in intra-group cash position forecasting and management
- Partnership with and support of wider business functions, in particular, across a wide range of commercial, strategic and resource modelling exercises
- Preparation of a wide range of ad hoc valuation models (DCF, DDM, etc.) for the business and economic models for current and prospective clients in the banking/financial institutions space
- Resolution of the day-to-day commercial finance and business queries (internal & external) and of various relevant ad hoc tasks that maybe required from time to time
Requirements - Essential skills/experience
- 3-5 years experience in mergers & acquisitions, financial modelling, corporate finance or transaction services functions of investment banks or Big Four accounting firms
- Excellent financial modelling skills (DCF, DDM, LBO, etc.) in the context of the financial services and technology industries
- Solid understanding of UK GAAP / IFRS accounting, ideally through an ACA/ACCA or similar international recognised qualification
- Experience of preparing and corroborating operational and financial plans, forecasts and budgets, ideally in the context of technology service providers
- Excellent PC skills – Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook – and ability to write Excel macros / program in Visual Basic
Requirements - Desired skills / experience
- Pro-active self-starter with excellent planning and organisational skills, including strong attention to detail
- Experience in a fast moving, dynamic, digital, entrepreneurial businesses
- The candidate will need to be highly commercially minded with great communication skills and the ability to liaise with senior members of staff and across business functions
- Demonstrable high levels of integrity and desire to make a positive impact within the business and society
- Proven ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to partner with and build strong interpersonal relationships with technical, commercial and external stakeholders